Each type of hair has its own natural bond. Wavy / Curly are the types of natural bonds which gives your hair to have physical quality. The cream relaxant or softener used in the Rebonding treatment breaks the structure of your hair. Then a neutralizer bonds your hair structure again and makes straight. In easy terms the treatment which changes your natural hair structure and restructures your hair is Rebonding treatment.
Once the hair Rebonding is done or straightened, you have to touch up the new growth of your hair for every three months, six months or a year, depending upon your hair growth.
is a chemical hair treatment that helps to make your hair shinny, Sleeky and Straight. Rebonding is a permanent and also an expensive procedure. Rebonding
prices is varying from salon to salon depending on their services, products which they use, length and thickness of your hair and post care.
- The time taken to complete a hair rebonding treatment depends upon the length, type and thickness of your hair. Here’s the step by step approach to rebonding.
- Your hair is washed with a mild shampoo without applying Conditioner. Salon professionals dry your hair completely by blow dryer on the medium level.
- Your hair is divided into Sections. The cream relaxant or softener is applied to every hair sections, keeping it straight. A thin plastic board is made use to keep your hair straight.
- Cream relaxant or softener is kept on your hair for at least half an hour or depending upon the hair type/ thickness. Keeping it on your hair for too long time may harm your hair. After that your hair is steamed for 10 - 40 minutes, depending upon hair type and thickness, and then rinsed.
- Your hair is blow dried and once the blow dried is finished keratin lotion is applied.
- Further a flat iron is used to straighten your hair and break any remaining curls if there. The ironer should be less than 180 degrees. A ceramic iron is better than any other metal ironer. The salon professionals will iron your hair until it is satisfactorily shiny and straight.
- Hair is again sectioned and a neutralizer is applied to set the bonds and stabilize your hair.
- The neutralizer should keep at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 Minutes the neutralizer will rinse off with water. Hair is blow dried and hair serum is applied for your hair. A last touch of ironing is given with the straightening ironer. Your hair appears shiny silky and straight.
A salon professional will restrict you from washing your hair for minimum 3 days. To allows the Rebonding treatment to set. You will be asked not to tie a rubber band, clip your hair or wear any other accessories in your hair for minimum of 3 days.